A word on MAP 21 This new law, allows only qualified Licensed Property Brokers to broker freight. Trucking companies, Forwarders, NVOCC and others specified in the law can never broker freight, unless they apply and qualify for a Broker License from the FMCSA. Then they must operate their brokerage separate and distinctly differently than their Motor Carrier Authority. Only their brokerage can broker freight, all trucking companies are barred from brokering period.

This means, as a trucking company, you can only give freight you are in possession of, to another carrier, only if that carrier is long term leased, as this is not brokering. All types of truck brokering are outlawed.

As a student of loadtraining you will learn about Map 21 and how YOU can get a freight broker license