1. Research the Market: Understand the market you are brokering in, including the freight rates and the current market trends.
2. Know Your Client: Understand the needs and wants of your client, along with the type of freight they need to move.
3. Negotiate Aggressively: Use your research and knowledge of the market to negotiate the best possible rate for your client.
4. Use Technology: Utilize technology to streamline communication and improve the efficiency of the freight brokering process.
5. Be Flexible: Be willing to negotiate with carriers and understand that some deals may not be what you initially expected.
6. Know Your Limits: Understand the risks involved in freight brokering and be aware of the limits of your authority.
7. Remain Professional: Always maintain a professional attitude when dealing with clients and carriers.
8. Follow the Law: Understand and comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to freight brokering.
Leave A Comment