Becoming a freight broker is a great way to start a career in the logistics industry. Here are some steps to get you started:
First look at taking a course at Loadtraining the 5-Day training course, and private 1ON1 training course is a complete program to provide students with the knowledge needed to succeed in the truck brokering industry.
- Learn the regulations: Freight brokers need to follow strict regulations set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). You can find this info within our Hands-On Classroom Curriculum which has
Over 50 topics of custom learning, avoid the startup trial & error pitfalls!
- Gain experience: Consider working for a freight brokerage or a trucking company to gain experience and learn the industry.
- Get a license: You’ll need a freight broker license to legally operate. You can apply for a license through the FMCSA.
- Develop marketing skills: Marketing is key to attracting new clients. Learn how to create marketing materials and use social media to promote your business.
- Utilize technology: Freight brokers need to be efficient and organized. Invest in industry-specific software tools to help manage your business. we have our own proprietary software FastTrucker